Your Privacy Matters
Information obtained through cookies and web beacons/tags may be transmitted either directly to us or to a third-party service provider (such as network advertisers) authorized to collect information on our behalf. This information is used to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to our website in general and may be used to provide tailored offerings or content to you, including Allianz advertisements when you visit other websites.
You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent. You can learn more about adjusting your cookie preferences under the Help option in your browser. Please note, however, that by not accepting cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide you when you make subsequent visits to our site.
Personal information collection
- Providing you with the Allianz products or services you have requested
- Servicing your account
- Improving our services
- Informing you of additional Allianz Life products or services that may be of interest to you
To provide these products and services, we may need to ask you directly to provide, among other things, your name, social security number, physical address, zip code, email address and phone number.
Please note that we do not knowingly solicit information from children and we do not knowingly market our products or services to children.
Sharing information and consumer choice
Any personal information you share with us through our website may be shared with our affiliates, financial professionals and third parties as outlined in our Privacy Notice. As provided above, we may also collect and summarize statistics that we gather about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and services and provide these statistics to third parties; however, when we do, these statistics will not include any personal information that identifies individuals.
Securing and protecting your information
We protect your information using safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state law. This includes measures that are administrative, physical, and technical in nature. We use commercially reasonable measures to secure our websites and protect the information that may be shared over these sites.
To contact us or correct your information
Allianz family of companies
Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
Allianz Life Financial Services, LLC
Effective Date: September 19, 2017
Your privacy is a high priority for Allianz (“we” or “our”). This Privacy Notice outlines our principles for collecting, using and protecting information that we maintain about you.
Information about you that Allianz collects
We collect information about you so that we can process the insurance transactions you request and administer or service your policy. We also collect information to inform you of new products and services and to engage in studies or research relating to our business. We limit the information collected to what is needed for our business purposes. We may collect your information from the following sources.
- From you, either directly or through our financial professionals. This may include information provided on your insurance application or other forms you may complete. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to, your name, social security number, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- From others, through the process of issuing a policy or handling a claim. This may include information from consumer reporting agencies and medical or accident reports.
- From your doctor or during a home visit by a health care professional. This may include your health records gathered with your written consent.
- From your relationship with us. For example, this may include the number of years you have been a customer or the types of products you have purchased.
- From data brokers that collect publicly available information about you. This includes household information, financial transactions, and social media activity.
Information about you that Allianz shares
We do not share information about current or former customers with anyone, except as allowed by law. “Allowed by law” means that we may share the information we collect about you as follows.
- With people and entities when we have your consent to share your information.
- With our affiliates and other third parties in order to process your application, or administer or service your policy.
- With consumer reporting agencies to obtain a medical report, credit report, or motor vehicle report. These reports are used to decide eligibility for a policy or to process transactions you request.
- With our financial professionals so that they can service your policy. They may also inform you of other Allianz products and services that may be of interest to you.
- With health care providers in order to process your claim.
- As required or otherwise permitted by law. This may include sharing information with state insurance agencies, law enforcement, and other government officials. We may also share your information to respond to subpoenas, court orders and other legal requests.
- With research groups to conduct studies on our business to improve the products and services we offer.
- To inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you. These communications may be made by us, our financial professionals, or through third parties.
- With our affiliates so they can market their products and services to you. State insurance laws do not allow you to restrict this disclosure.
Allianz does not sell your information to anyone
We do not sell your information to anyone for their own marketing purposes. For this reason, we are not required to obtain your “opt in election,” “opt out election” or authorization.
Allianz policies and practices regarding security of your information
We limit access to your information to those employees, affiliates, and service providers who need it for our business purposes. We protect your information using safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state law. This includes measures that are administrative, physical, and technical in nature. We use reasonable measures to secure our websites and protect the information that may be shared over these sites.
Your ability to access and correct your information
You have the right to access and obtain a copy of your information. You may write to us and ask for a record of any disclosure of your medical information made within the last three (3) years. This does not include the right to access and copy your information related to a claim or civil or criminal proceeding. If you wish to review your information, please write us at the address above. Provide your full name, address and policy number(s). For your protection, please have your request notarized.
Within 30 working days of our receipt of your written request, you may see and get a copy of your information in person. If you prefer, we will send you a copy of your information. If medical information is contained in your file, we may request that you name a medical professional to whom we will send your information.
If you believe any of your information is incorrect, you may write to us at the address above. Within 30 working days, we will let you know if our review has resulted in a correction of your information. If we do not agree there is an error, you may file a statement disputing our finding. We will attach the statement to your file. We will send any corrections we make, or your statement, to anyone we shared your information with over the past two years, and to anyone who may receive your information from us in the future. We do not control the information about you obtained from a consumer reporting agency or a Department of Motor Vehicles. We will provide you with the names and addresses of these agencies so you can contact them directly.
Notification of change
Your trust is one of our most important assets. If we revise our privacy practices in the future, we will notify you prior to implementing any changes.
For more information or if you have questions
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please call the Corporate Compliance Privacy Office at 800.328.5600, write us at the address above, or contact us via the secured website.
This Privacy Notice is being provided on behalf of the following companies:
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
- Allianz Life Financial Services, LLC